3 persons dead after being electrocuted | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 19, 2017-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

3 persons dead after being electrocuted

delhi Updated: Aug 13, 2011 00:21 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

Three persons were electrocuted in three separate incidents reported from across the capital till Friday afternoon, the police said.

The first incident was reported from a waiting room at New Delhi Railway Station around 2pm when a ticket teller, identified as Amit Singh, 35, was electrocuted while trying to switch on a desert cooler.

A similar incident was reported from south Delhi ’s Neb Sarai area around 7pm on Thursday when Pankaj, a third-year BTech student, stepped out of his house to check the pump of his cooler, interfered with its wiring and was electrocuted.

The third incident in east Delhi’s Shakarpur area occurred late on Thursday evening when 22-year-old Vishal, employed as a steward in Laxmi Nagar, while cleaning the tiled walls of an eatery with a wet cloth ran his hand over the switchboard and got electrocuted.

<