Four youth, in the age group of 19-20 years, were found dead under mysterious circumstances in the storeroom of a hotel at Mahipalpur on Saturday. The police said the condition of the storeroom suggested that the victims had vomited before losing consciousness. The police have not ruled out suspected food poisoning in the case.
According to senior police officers, there was a party at the banquet hall of Hotel D Marks at Mahipalpur, near Shiv Murthi. The four youngsters — Anna, Pritam, Krishna and Vinod — all residents of village Pilanji in Delhi, had taken up the job of washing utensils at the party. "After completing their work, the four apparently had their food at the banquet hall. Instead of going back, the four decided to sleep through the night in the storeroom of the banquet hall. Their bodies were noticed by the hotel staff on Saturday morning and they informed the police," Deputy Commissioner of Police (South West) Shalini Singh, said.
Due to its proximity to the international airport, Hotel D Marks is quite popular with travellers, especially foreigners.
There were a number of foreigners putting up at the hotel when the four bodies were recovered and they too were in a state of shock, a police officer said.
To ascertain the exact cause of death, the police said, post-mortem will be conducted on the four at Safdurjung Hospital on Sunday.