Five members of a family, including three children, received severe burn injuries after their house caught fire due to a leak in their cooking gas cylinder in Parvartiya Colony, Faridabad, on Wednesday. All the five members were rushed to Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi where the condition of some of the injured is stated to be critical.
The police said the family of Chanderpal, 35, lives in a single room and the gas started leaking from a small cylinder used for cooking. When Chanderpal got up at 1am, he lit a match stick and the room immediate caught fire. After hearing the hue and cry, some local residents rushed to the spot. All the five members were rushed to BK Hospital in Faridabad. As their condition was critical, they were referred to Safdarjung Hospital.
Chanderpal’s wife Vimla, 30, received 60 per cent burn injuries, daughter Mamta, 15, has 45 per cent wounds, son Vipin, 13, received 55 per cent burns and another son Rohit, 11, has 50 per cent wounds.