A Delhi court today reserved its order till April 20 on CBI's closure report giving a clean chit to former union minister Jagdish Tytler in a 1984 anti-Sikh riots case.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Rakesh Pandit, after hearing arguments of CBI and the counsel for Lakhwinder Kaur, a riot victim who opposed the closure report, said the court would pronounce its order on the matter on April 20.
CBI, which had on April two last year let off the Congress leader in its probe report, submitted there was
nothing to proceed against Tytler as two witnesses California-based Jasbir Singh and Surinder Singh (already
expired) were not reliable and their statements were "false and concocted".
Reading out different affidavits of Surinder Singh, CBI counsel Sanjay Kumar submitted he had changed his versions
time and again as he first claimed that he saw Tytler leading the mob on November one, 1984, after assassination of the then PM Indira Gandhi a day before and then afterwards he retracted by claiming that he did not see him on the fateful date.
"The incident was alleged to have taken place on November one, 1984. Why the witness did not file any FIR then and
suddenly after 16 years, he gave an affidavit before Nanavati Commission making allegations against Tytler?" he said.