After murder, they painted the room to hide bloodstains | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Mar 30, 2017-Thursday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

After murder, they painted the room to hide bloodstains

delhi Updated: Jan 19, 2010 23:41 IST
Peeyush Khandelwal

A 20-year-old student was hacked to death at the official residence of a Ghaziabad Fire Station Officer allegedly by the latter’s son and three of his friends, including a girl.

Police said Lucky, the victim who goes by only one name, was a friend of Hemant Singh, the 24-year-old son of fire officer AP Singh.

Police said Hemant and the victim had a tiff over the girl, who was Lucky’s girlfriend but had befriended Singh.

FSO Singh stays in Vaishali in Ghaziabad and his sons, Hemant, a first-year law student at Mewar Law College, and Sachin, a Class 12 student, live in the official residence inside the Ghanta Ghar Police Station premises.

Superintendent of Police (City) Rahul Yadvendu said, “Around 11 pm on Monday, four youths and a girl named Vaishali (20) arrived in two cars — a Honda City and a Hyundai Verna. They had also got alcohol with them.”

While two of the accused boys have been identified as Hemant and Deepu (the police gave only his first name, the third accused has not been identified as yet. The fourth accused is the girl.

“Hemant told his younger brother Sachin to leave the house and the four locked themselves in a room.”

The police suspect that after that all of them consumed alcohol and then an altercation began.

“Then they killed Lucky in the room with an axe they had brought with them. Sachin Singh gave us these details,” the SP said.

The SP said the murder was “pre-planned”. Quoting Sachin, he said after killing Lucky, they took his body and threw it in Ganga canal area.

Sachin also told the police that all of them later painted the room to hide the bloodstains.

“All of them are in the age-group of 19-24 years and are absconding,” the SP said.

A sweeper had discovered the bloodstained axe and a chair in the garbage dump in the police station premises on Tuesday morning.

Upon searching, the police traced a trail of blood that led to Singh's house on the first floor, police said.

The police have started interrogating Sachin Singh and a manhunt has been launched to arrest the three accused.

“We are yet to find the victim’s body. More details are awaited in the case. We are trying to trace the addresses and cell phone locations of the accused persons,” the SP added.