With Opposition parties training their guns on Indian Premier League (IPL), the government on Monday told Lok Sabha that the investigation into the sources and routes of funding for the Twenty20 tournament had already begun and "no guilty or wrong-doer" would be spared.
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, in response to Opposition demands earlier in the day, made a statement in the House assuring members that "appropriate action as per law" would be taken if any wrongdoing was found in the manner the IPL was funded.
"The concerned department has already started investigation process (into the IPL episode). All aspects including sources of funding and routes through which the funds arrived would be looked into. Appropriate action as per law would be taken. No guilty or wrong-doer will be spared," Mukherjee said.
As Lalu Prasad (RJD) and Mulayam Singh Yadav (SP) continued to raise the issue, Mukherjee said, "We will look into all aspects."