Debunking the police's claim that only four of the six men aboard the moving bus had sexually assaulted her on Sunday night, the 23-year-old victim, in her statement to a specially-appointed Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) on Saturday claimed that she had been subjected to the horrendous sexual and physical abuse by all six.
According to sources, the victim remained calm, composed and corroborated the version of events as they unfolded on the fateful evening as per her 28-year-old friend during an hour-long interaction with Usha Chaturvedi, the SDM of east Delhi, on Friday evening.
"We took the auto rickshaw till the DDA Munirka Bus Stop because the driver refused to ferry us till Uttam Nagar and decided to wait for a bus. When the bus with the men came, we boarded it. Minutes later, the men on it first passed a remark at my friend before passing a lewd comment at me," the victim stated.
"After their attack, all six men took turns to sexually assault me. They threw us on the side of the road where I then fainted," she made it a point to state, sources said.
Since Monday, the Delhi Police, which had conceded that while the six occupants of the moving bus had physically assaulted her, it had maintained that the 23-year-old had been sexually assaulted only by four of the six men on the said bus.