Another chance for DDA hopefuls | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 26, 2017-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Another chance for DDA hopefuls

There is still a ray of hope for those who were left out of the recent draw of lots for the Delhi Development Authority’s (DDA) 1981 Rohini plot scheme.

delhi Updated: Jun 19, 2012 01:03 IST
Sidhartha Roy

There is still a ray of hope for those who were left out of the recent draw of lots for the Delhi Development Authority’s (DDA) 1981 Rohini plot scheme. Though the DDA allotted plots to 7,777 applicants in the MIG category, more than 300 aspirants were left out of the draw on the grounds that they already own a DDA flat.

The authority has now decided to hear out their claims.

After a wait for three decades, 24,529 applicants of the Rohini residential scheme were allotted plots in a draw held on June 12 after a high court order.

The distraught registrants have been visiting the DDA headquarters but are yet to receive any official information about why their names were omitted from the draw.

"My husband had registered for a plot in the scheme and after his death, I had transferred all the papers in my name," said Prabha Handa (60). "However, my name doesn’t figure in the draw list and DDA is not providing any information on why my name was left out," she said. http://www.hindustantimes.com/Images/Popup/2012/6/19-06-pg-09a.jpg

The DDA claims many registrants were left out because all of them were allotted flats as part of another scheme.

DDA spokesperson Neemo Dhar said when the Rohini residential scheme was launched, there was one column in the brochure that said if an applicant had already registered under the New Pattern Housing Registration Scheme (NPRS) of 1979, he/she had to provide details such as application number.

Dhar said these 300 registrants had already got flats under different categories of the NPRS and the scheme was closed.

“All data regarding the NPRS is computerised and when the names of registrants for the Rohini scheme were cross-checked, it was found that 300 MIG applicants had already been allotted flats under that scheme,” she said. And that is why the files of these 300 registrants were excluded from the draw held on June 12, she said. Though applicants claimed the DDA did not inform them, Dhar said show-cause notices had already been issued to these registrants.

“If there are cases where the registrants had cancelled their allotment, they can approach the housing department of DDA with documents and their case will be reconsidered,” she said.

Dhar said MIG plots were still available and those left out would be given a hearing.