The Army is "carefully studying" the Armed Forces Tribunal judgement indicting a senior commander for his role in falsifying Kargil war reports and showing bias against a Brigadier, Defence Minister A K Antony said here on Saturday.
"I had a meeting with the Army Chief and the Army is carefully studying the report," he told reporters here.
The Defence Minister was asked what action would be taken after the Tribunal verdict in the case.
The Tribunal has held that former 15 Corps Commander Lt Gen Kishan Pal falsified accounts of some of the battles fought during the Kargil conflict and discredited then 70 Infantry Brigade commander Brigadier Devinder Singh over his role in the war while writing his annual confidential report.
Crediting the UPA government for setting up the Tribunal, Antony said, "We took the initiative to have the Tribunal as we wanted that if there was any complaint from our retired persons and armed forces personnel, it should not only be looked into by the Services headquarters and the Ministry, it should have a judicial look also."
The Tribunal was launched on August 8 last year and hears disputes and complaints about commission, appointments, enrolment and service conditions in respect of those covered by the Three Services Act, as also appeals arising out of orders, findings or sentences of court martial.
To a question on the arrest of a Navy personal for spying activities, The Defence Minister said, "I discussed this issue with the Navy chief. He is a lower-level Navy man. Now the Delhi police is inquiring into that and Navy will also conduct an inquiry in their own way."