Following is the chronology of events in the BMW hit-and-run case in which prime accused Sanjeev Nanda was today convicted by a Delhi court:
* Jan 10, 1999: Six persons, including three policemen, killed by a speeding BMW car allegedly driven by Nanda in the wee hours in Lodhi Colony area.
Following the oil trail, the police reach a house in Golf Links area here where the car was allegedly being washed.
Police arrest Nanda, co-accused Manik Kapoor and Sidhartha Gupta, who was later discharged by the Delhi High Court.
* Jan 11, 99: Police seek their custodial interrogation.
* Apr 7, 1999: Police file chargesheet against accused under section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder), 308 (attempt to commit culpable homicide not amounting to murder), 201 (destruction of evidence) and 34 (common intention) of the IPC.
* Aug 3, 1999: Court frames charges against the accused.
* Aug 18, 1999: Court starts recording of testimonies of prosecution witnesses.
* Sep 30, 1999: Prosecution drops Mumbai-based Sunil Kulkarni as an eye-witness, condemning him as a won-over man.
* December, 2003: Recording of prosecution witnesses' testimony concludes with the examination of the 61th witness.
* Jan, 2, 2004: Nanda starts recording statements.
* May 14, 2007: Kulkarni records statement as court witness. He identifies Nanda as one of the occupants of the car, but says he did not see Nanda on the driving seat.
* May 30, 2007: A news channel airs a sting operation showing collusion between Nanda's counsel, R K Anand, and prosecutor I U Khan to subvert administration of Justice.
* May 31, 2007: Khan asked to withdraw as prosecutor. Delhi High Court, meanwhile, issues contempt notices to both lawyers, after taking suo motu cognizance of the sting.
* Dec 7, 2007: Defence starts examining witnesses.
* Aug, 1, 2008: Prosecution concludes final arguments.
* Aug 20, 2008: Defence concludes advancing of final arguments.
* Aug 21, 2008: HC holds Khan and Anand guilty of contempt and bars them from appearing in courts for 4 months.
* Aug 26, 2008: Additional Sessions Judge Vinod Kumar reserves the verdict and fixes September 2 for pronouncement.
* Aug 29, 2008: Nanda claims innocence and gives apex court judgements in its support.
* Sep 2, 2008: Court convicts Sanjeev Nanda for mowing down six persons. Three others, including businessman Rajeev Gupta, convicted for destruction of evidence. Another co-accused Manik Kapoor acquitted.