Negligence on the part of civic authorities claimed another young life, when a 12-year-old boy was reportedly electrocuted in a mini stadium in east Delhi on Sunday morning.
The incident occurred when Harshit Budhiraja, a resident of Rajgarh Colony near Krishna Nagar was playing with his friends in the Rajiv Gandhi mini-stadium.
While trying to retrieve a ball from some bushes Harshit got electrocuted by live wires left there. His parents and neighbours rushed him to a nearby hospital, where he was declared brought dead.
Police said they have registered a case of negligence and are investigating the matter.