Bunty goes to meet, live with brother, lands in jail | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 08, 2016-Thursday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Bunty goes to meet, live with brother, lands in jail

delhi Updated: Mar 21, 2011 23:58 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

He fought with inmates and stomped out of the sets of Big Boss season four last year, but this time it will not be that simple for yesteryears 'super-chor' Davinder Singh alias Bunty Chor.

Holi lost its colour for Bunty who spent the festival back in Tihar jail after he was released from prison last year. But this time around it was not theft but a case of Arms Act that landed him behind bars.

The West Delhi police arrested him from Vikaspuri on Saturday for allegedly attempting to enter his brother Balwinder Singh's house.

The police allegedly recovered a knife from Bunty and arrested him under the Arms Act.

"Bunty went to his brother's house but his brother didn't want him (Bunty) there and asked him to leave. Bunty refused to leave, so his brother called the police. On frisking him, we found a knife and arrested him," said V Renganathan, Deputy Commissioner of Police (West). He was produced before a magistrate and sent to 14-day judicial custody.

Bunty rose to fame due to his crime capers and then the movie 'Oye Lucky Lucky Oye', based on his life. Incidentally his brother Balwinder's character was also featured in the movie.

The police said when Bunty was arrested on Saturday he claimed that he was a reincarnation of Lord Krishna.

"He said the Vikaspuri house belonged to him and he had every right to be there," said a senior police officer. Bunty was living in Lodhi Colony before he left that place.

Tihar Jail authorities have kept Bunty in the high-security Jail Number three with round the clock electronic and manned surveillance.

They said Bunty had visited Tihar a few months back and wanted to meet a few hi-security inmates.

"He had sent in an application to meet a few inmates but we did not allow him," said Sunil Gupta, law officer (Tihar).

After his release from jail, the Delhi Police had tried to rehabilitate Bunty but all their efforts failed.

"We got him a job with a detective agency, helped him with his stint with media but nothing is working with him. He is too used to his lavish life and now that he is not able to live that or stay in news he is becoming erratic," added the officer.