A car was damaged after an electric pole, erected by North Delhi Power Limited (NDPL), caught fire in Rani Bagh due to short-circuit.
“At 8am, the neighbours called us. When we went outside, we saw the pole had caught fire. My car was only some one foot from it. I immediately removed my car, but it was too late. The bumper and the bonnet were already charred,” said Ankit Sharma, the owner of the car.
He said he would have to foot a hefty bill to get his Hyundai i10 car repaired. “I will have to spend around R10,000 to get my car repaired for no fault of mine. I have reported the matter to the NDPL. Its staff later came to fix the pole. I have also filled the consumer complaint form with NDPL,” he said.
However, NDPL claimed to have no record of the incident. It said that action would be taken if the incident was brought to its notice. “We did not record a complaint like this today as it is a holiday. But in case something like this has happened, we will take cognisance of the complaint and take action,” said an NDPL official.