A three-year-old boy was killed while his father and two others were injured after their house caught fire due to a leak in the cooking gas cylinder in northeast Delhi’s Welcome area on Thursday evening.
According to the police, the fire broke out at around 5.30 pm and three fire tenders took more than 20 minutes to douse the flames. The deceased boy has been identified as Ishan. His father Mohammad Safiq and two neighbours suffered burn injuries when they tried to save the boy.
A senior police officer said Ishan lived with his parents and four sisters in Janta Colony area in Welcome.
“The boy was playing in a room adjacent to the kitchen when the fire engulfed the entire house. He got trapped inside. We rushed him to GTB hospital where doctors declared him brought dead,” added the officer.