Chronology of events in the BMW hit-and-run case in which Sanjeev Nanda was convicted but his jail term reduced from five to two years by Delhi High court.
* July, 20, 2009: HC upholds conviction against Nanda and three others. However, it reduces Nanda's jail
term from five to two years.
* May 12, 2009: HC reserves its verdict and grants three weeks interim bail to Nanda to attend the funeral of his grandfather and former Naval Chief S M Nanda, who died on May 11.
*Jan 9, 2009: HC rejects Nanda's plea to extend his interim bail.
*Dec 19, 2008: HC grants three-week interim bail to Nanda to meet his ailing grandfather.
* Oct 4, 2008: HC rejects Nanda's bail plea.
* Sep 30, 2008: HC grants bail to Gupta.
* Sep 23, 2008: HC issues a notice to the police on Nanda's appeal.
* Sep 22, 2008: Nanda approaches the HC challenging lower court's decision.
* Sep 17, 2008: HC issues notice to city police.
* Sep 16, 2008: Gupta and his two employees file their appeal in the High court challenging the trial court's conviction order.
* Sep 5, 2008: Trial court awards Nanda five years jail term. Gupta and his employees -- Bhola Nath and Shyam Singh -- get one year and six months prison terms, respectively.
* Sep 2, 2008: Trial Court convicts Sanjeev Nanda for mowing down six persons. Three others, including businessman Rajeev Gupta and his two employees Bhola Nath and Shyam Singh, convicted for destruction of evidence. Another co-accused Manik Kapoor acquitted.
* Aug 21, 2008: HC holds Khan and Anand guilty of contempt and bars them from appearing in courts for 4 months.
* May 30, 2007: A news channel airs a sting operation showing collusion between Nanda's counsel, R K Anand, and prosecutor I U Khan to subvert administration of justice.
* May 14, 2007: Kulkarni records statement as a court witness. He identifies Nanda as one of the occupants of the car but says he did not see him on the driving seat.
* Sep 30, 1999: Mumbai-based businessman Sunil Kulkarni, who claims to be an eye-witness, is dropped as prosecution witness after being condemned as a won-over man.
* Aug 3, 1999: Charges framed against the accused.
* Apr 7, 1999: Police file chargesheet under section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder), 308 (attempt to commit culpable homicide not amounting to murder), 201 (destruction of evidence) of the IPC.
* Jan 10, 1999: Six persons, including three policemen, killed by a speeding BMW car driven by Nanda in the wee hours in Lodhi Colony area.