Colleagues charge RML hospital staff of negligence | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 21, 2017-Saturday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Colleagues charge RML hospital staff of negligence

delhi Updated: Dec 23, 2008 00:40 IST
Karan Choudhury
Karan Choudhury
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

Colleagues of Deepak Joshi and Rajesh Yadav accused the staff of Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital of negligence.

Joshi and Yadav were rushed to the government hospital after their bike was hit by a Blueline bus on Bhairon Singh Marg.

Employees of TrilaSoft, the firm where the two worked, said Yadav's death was because of the callousness of the hospital staff. According to them, the hospital did not provide him with oxygen cylinder that lead to his death.

Yadav was first taken to the Emergency ward for his injuries. He had complained of pain and breathlessness. Later, he was shifted to the general ward for reasons not known.

“He kept on complaining about pain but the doctors attending to him did not pay any attention to it. They assured us that he would be discharged by evening,” said Sidhartha Dasgupta, a software developer with the firm.

Shanti Devi, Yadav’s aunt, said, “I was sitting beside him. He looked fine and was even talking to me. I then noticed that the oxygen cylinder he was on had finished. I asked the nurse to provide him with a new one, but she refused. She said he would not require oxygen. Even the doctor who was overseeing him did not say anything when I told him about the oxygen cylinder. Within a matter of few minutes, he died,” she said.

Yadav’s co-workers protested outside the hospital. They demanded that action be taken against the negligent doctor.

“We want to know why he was shifted from the Emergency to General Ward when his condition was serious. They did not provide him with oxygen even though he kept on saying that he was not able to breathe properly,” said Sandeep Kumar, his colleague.

The authorities at the hospital denied the claim. Senior doctors on the condition of anonymity said an inquiry would be conducted to find out if there was any negligence on part of the hospital staff.