The Congress on Friday rebutted allegations made by leader of opposition VK Malhotra that the Union home ministry and the Prime Minister's office had sent wrong reports to the President on Rajiv Ratna Awas Yojna to save CM Sheila Dikshit from prosecution.
Congress Legislative Party (CLP) spokesperson Mukesh Sharma said Malhotra had made the claims to mislead families belonging to weaker sections.
Sharma said the Delhi government under the leadership of Sheila Dikshit was committed to allot low-cost houses to poor families and would soon kick-start the process. Before the last assembly elections, Dikshit had promised 60, 000 houses for the poorer sections.
Meanwhile, the Delhi Lokayukta has filed a special report to Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna seeking review of its decision on its earlier recommendation for censuring Dikshit for allegedly misrepresenting facts on construction of low-cost flats ahead of 2008 assembly polls.
In an order last year, Sarin had stated that Dikshit had announced that 60,000 low-cost houses were ready for allotment when they were not even built. The Lokayukta had back then recommended the President to take appropriate action against the CM.