Court refuses to pass order on alleged threat to IM suspect | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 04, 2016-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Court refuses to pass order on alleged threat to IM suspect

delhi Updated: Jun 07, 2010 20:24 IST

PTI
Highlight Story

A Delhi court has refused to pass any order on an application of a suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorist seeking direction to Tihar Jail authorities claiming that there was a threat to his life inside the prison.

Additional Sessions Judge Santosh Snehi Mann did not issue any order on the plea of Salman, an accused in the serial blasts cases of September 13, 2008, who claimed threat to his life from other jail inmates.

The court's decision came after Tihai jail authorities submitted a report before it stating that the accused had already been kept in a high security ward.

"It is submitted that the accused is lodged in high security ward by the order of DG (Prison) and that apprehension of threat to his life and limb and harassment caused by fellow inmates could not be substantiated," the court said.

"It is further submitted that keeping in view of the apprehension of the accused, staff concerned has been sensitised to keep strict vigil so that no such incident could take place," it said.