Court remands Gopal Kanda to 3-day police custody | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 22, 2017-Wednesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Court remands Gopal Kanda to 3-day police custody

delhi Updated: Aug 25, 2012 18:53 IST
Gopal Kanda

Delhi police on Saturday were granted custody of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda for another three days by a Delhi court in the Geetika Sharma suicide case.

Kanda had surrendered before Delhi police last Saturday after evading them for 11 days following registration of abetment to suicide case against him.

Kanda, arrested in connection with the suicide of his former employee, has claimed innocence and said he was a victim of a conspiracy.

"Some politicians are doing this to malign me. They are misguiding media. Truth will come out," Kanda told reporters before being taken to court as his police remand ended today.

His former employee Geetika Sharma committed suicide on August five alleging harassment by Kanda and his employee Aruna Chaddha, whom she claimed were pressurising her to rejoin. Chaddha is presently in judicial custody.

Also read:
Kanda: I am a victim of conspiracy, truth will come out

Gopal Kanda’s funda: 60 hostesses for 3 aircraft

INLD members attack Kanda supporter

Former Haryana home minister Gopal Kanda along with Delhi police officials. PTI

Investigators had claimed that the suicide notes they recovered were written on the same day though they bore two dates.

After an analysis of the notes in which Geetika alleged harassment by Kanda, police said they were written by the deceased the same night she took her life.

Confusion arose as one of the notes had a May date while the other had August date.

Delhi police along with former Haryana home minister Gopal Kanda raided the office of MDLR group in Gurgaon and seized documents and scanned various computers, related with Geetika Sharma's suicide case. PTI

Investigators also said that Kanda denied all allegations against him and told them that he was not in touch with Geetika for at least 45 days before her suicide.

He also claimed that Aruna, whom Geetika had named in her note, had called her parents on her own and asked her to join duty.

Police are also in touch with Ankita whose name also appear in the note. She is out of the country and police expect to question her soon.