CWG case: Court grants bail to three more accused | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 17, 2017-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

CWG case: Court grants bail to three more accused

delhi Updated: Jan 25, 2012 00:42 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

Three accused, including two former CWG Organising Committee (OC) officials, arrested for their alleged roles in a CWG related graft case, have been granted bail by a Delhi court on the ground of parity.


The court granted relief to OC’s former joint director general (sports) ASV Prasad, former director general (procurement) Surjit Lal and promoter of Gem International PD Arya saying that four other accused, including the sacked OC chairman Suresh Kalmadi, had already been released on bail.

“After hearing both sides, without going into the merits of the case, I am inclined to grant bail to all the three accused persons (Prasad, Lal and Arya) on the ground of parity, as other four accused persons are already on bail,” said Talwant Singh, special CBI judge.

“The accused shall not intimidate any witness after their release on bail. They are directed not to leave the country without obtaining prior permission from this court,” the court said.

<