CWG scam: Two granted bail | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 11, 2016-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

CWG scam: Two granted bail

delhi Updated: Apr 23, 2011 19:10 IST

PTI
Highlight Story

A Delhi court on Saturday granted bail to a CWG Organising Committee official and a private firm director in the overlays scam as CBI failed to file the chargesheet against them within the stipulated 60-day period.

Special Judge Sanjeev Jain granted bail to CWG OC additional director general K U K Reddy and Praveen Bakshi, director of ESJAV:D Art: Indo-Consortium firm, on furnishing of a personal and two surety bonds of Rs 50,000 each as precondition of their release.

Reddy and Bakshi were arrested on February 22 and the court granted bail to the duo keeping in view that mandatory 60-days period to file chargesheet against them expired on Saturday.

During the hearing, CBI said that its investigation in the case was going on and they needed some more time to file the chargesheet against them.

The agency had earlier said that they were preparing the chargesheet.

The CBI had said that Reddy and Bakshi gave and accepted bribe and Reddy misused his official position.

The CBI had said that Bakshi had paid a huge bribe to the OC officials in return for getting contracts with exorbitant rates.

Nearly Rs 600 crore worth of contracts relating to the overlays projects are under the CBI scanner.

Overlays works included supply of tents, marquees, prefabricated units, portable toilets, containers, security fences, furniture, public display LED boards, floor finishes, material handling equipment, gen sets, cabling, UPS, air-conditioners, lighting, civil construction, athletic exercise equipment and grandstands.