The condition of Phoolmati Devi, who sustained severe burns in a fire sparked after a gas cylinder burst at her residence in north Delhi’s Chandrawal Nagar on Friday, is reportedly stable.
Phoomati’s 25-year-old son, Mohar Singh, has been admitted also with serious burns to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital in the Capital.
It was during the naming ceremony of Singh’s 11-day-old son that a fire broke out after a cylinder burst in the kitchen.
Singh’s elder daughter, Anu, five, and sister Preeti, 10, were among the four people who were declared dead on arrival at the hospital around 4.30pm on Friday.
The others who died were Singh’s uncle, Pappu, 36, and Bihari, 15, who was in the house to set up the music system for the event.
“They are being closely monitored. We have put them on antibiotics to control infection. Their condition is serious,” said a senior doctor, requesting anonymity.
The injured persons were first taken to the nearby Hindu Rao Hospital, from where all of them were referred to the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital.