A Danish woman, who was allegedly gangraped by eight persons in Delhi last year, appeared in a city court on Wednesday and identified some of the accused.
The 52-year-old woman identified three of the six adult accused as the ones who had gangraped her, court sources said
She also narrated the entire incident of January 14, 2014 to Additional Sessions Judge Kaveri Baweja in an in-camera proceeding.The woman came to the court from Denmark in pursuance of summons issued earlier.
The sources said initially she had identified four men but later said she was sure only about three of them as one-and-a-half years had lapsed since the incident took place.
They also said the woman identified 24-year old accused Mahendra as the one who had threatened her with a knife when another man was raping her.
Complete recording of testimony of the woman, who broke down twice in court, continued for five hours during which she was also cross-examined by the counsel.
The court fixed Thursday to record the statements of a police officer and a doctor, both Danish, who had recorded the woman's testimony and medically examined her in Denmark.
The police, in its charge sheet, had said the eight accused, all vagabonds, had allegedly robbed and gangraped the Danish tourist at knife-point on the night of January 14, 2014 after leading her to a secluded spot close to the Divisional Railway Officers' Club near New Delhi Railway Station.