Eleven months after they won flats under Delhi Development Authority’s (DDA) housing scheme, the more than 5,000 allottees can look forward to becoming owners and occupants.
DDA will start allotting flats — the draw for which was held on December 16 last year — from the second week of November.
Allotment of the flats was put on hold in January this year following allegations of irregularities in the draw.
The decision to begin allotment was made on Thursday after the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Delhi Police declared the draw was not rigged.
The EOW had sent the software report of the draw to Thiruvananthapuram-based Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) for investigation.
The EOW, in its report submitted to Delhi Lieutenant Governor Tejender Khanna on Tuesday said, “The C-DAC report does not indicate any connivance or favouritism by any DDA serving officers or those connected with the draw. C-DAC could not find any evidence that the software had any vulnerability to be compromised nor could they detect any evidence of external tampering.”
Asma Manzar, DDA Housing Commissioner, said the report had come as a great relief.
“We will start giving possession of flats to successful allottees from November.”
The successful allottees welcomed the development. “Finally our wait is over. I have been paying a hefty interest on the Rs 1 lakh loan that I took from a private bank to pay the registration money,” said Naresh Taneja who was allotted an LIG flat in Rohini.
Allotment of flats under the 2008 Housing Scheme was put on hold by the Union Urban Development Ministry in January after allegations were leveled against DDA that a cartel of builders had forged documents and availed of loans from banks to get flats under the reserved category. Soon after this, EOW was handed over the case for investigation.