The Delhi Development Authority on Wednesday said it has drawn up a waiting list of applicants of its latest housing scheme, the draw results of which had been announced this week.
However, the housing agency said it will neither publish the names nor put the list out on its website as it does not want to "offer any wrong hopes" for people.
The DDA had on April 18 unveiled names of 16,118 lucky applicants who will possess a flat under its 2010 housing scheme. The list was uploaded on its website and published in major newspapers after a draw of lots was held in Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) in Noida among 7.5 lakh applications.
Many people reached the DDA headquarters here yesterday in the hope of finding out a waiting list or second list for the scheme.
"We have already drawn up a waiting list. But we are not going to publish it as that will amount to offering wrong hopes to people. If there is any cancellation or vacancy, we will contact the next eligible applicant as per the waiting list," a DDA spokesperson said.
She said cancellations may also occur if the documents of any successful applicant are not found in order.
Asked about reports that members of the same family have got flats in the lottery, the spokesperson said, "The case of one family has come up. The three siblings had applied for flats in Kondli Gharoli where there were a large number of flats on offer. They had applied under the scheduled caste category for which there is a reservation of 17.5 per cent.
"All three siblings are major and independent and can, therefore, be allotted flats under the scheme. A family unit consists of husband, wife and dependents. The draw was held on basis of selection of random numbers," she said.
Citing the case of two families in which siblings and brothers allegedly got flats, the city BJP had yesterday alleged "bungling" in the draw and demanded a CBI probe into it.