The report submitted by the internal enquiry committee of the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) that was set up to probe the irregularities in the 2008 housing scheme has given a clean chit to the agency’s officials.
In its report, the three-member committee headed by DDA finance member Nand Lal said it has not found any DDA official to be involved in the irregularities committed during the filing of application forms in the reserved category.
A cartel of property dealers had allegedly forged application forms of SC/ST candidates to corner flats under the reserved quota.
Sources said “no irregularities were found in the process of draw and no DDA official was involved in the scam.” The draw of lots was conducted on December 16.
A copy of the report was also submitted to Union Urban Development Minister Jaipal Reddy and L-G Tejendra Khanna.
The committee was set up at the behest of Reddy soon after the scam came to surface on January 2, 2009.
“The committee has submitted its report to the DDA vice chairman. It was also forwarded to the Urban Development Minister and the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi,” said Neemo Dhar, DDA spokesperson.
Sources said the committee found the DDA’s stand, that all applications be verified before the allotment of land, was in accordance with the terms and conditions of the brochure.
The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of Delhi Police that is also probing the irregularities in the housing scheme has so far arrested nine persons in the case including a retired DDA clerk –– ML Gautam, the alleged mastermind of the entire racket.