Decomposed body of boy missing for over two months found | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 28, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Decomposed body of boy missing for over two months found

delhi Updated: Jul 02, 2015 01:19 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Delhi police

The decomposed body of a Class-12 student Nitish Thakur, who was missing since April 6, was found hanging from a ceiling fan at a vacant government flat in west Delhi’s Ranhola on Tuesday.

Police said the 17-year-old student at a government school in Najafgarh was missing since the day he left home to take up the last paper of the board examination.

A senior police officer said a security guard of the apartment built under the Rajiv Ratan Awas Yojna scheme found the body after a resident complained of stench emanating from the flats.

The guard checked the vacant apartment and found a decomposed body in a second-floor flat. He informed the police control room.

“The body had decomposed to such an extent that it was not possible to ascertain the identity of the victim. It was because of the schoolbag and the bicycle that police connected the body with a missing teenager whose kidnapping was registered with the Najafgarh police,” said the officer adding the boy’s body was handed over to his family after autopsy.

Senior police officers said preliminary investigation suggested it was suicide, but they were waiting for the autopsy report to ascertain the exact cause of death.

Thakur was living with his family in Ranhola, who alleged that he was murdered and his body was dumped inside the vacant flat.

They also accused the local police of having made no efforts to trace their missing son even when a case of kidnapping was registered at the Najafgarh police station.

The family alleged that Thakur’s friends were involved in the incident.

Thakur’s father Shailesh, a labourer, said the investigators used to tell him that his son must have gone off somewhere on his own and that he would return soon.

“They were not keen on searching for my missing son,” said Shailesh.