Expressing shock at the kidnapping, gangrape and killing of three minor sisters in Maharashtra last month, home minister Sushilkumar Shinde on Friday said police in the state was making every effort to nab the perpetrators.
"I am deeply shocked that three minor girls from same family were brutally murdered after being sexually abused and their bodies thrown in a well in a village in Maharashtra's Bhandara district," Shinde told Rajya Sabha in a statement.
Shinde said the girls went missing on Feb 14 and their bodies were found three days later.
"The in-charge of the police station was suspended for not seriously taking the report of missing girls. Several teams have been formed to pursue different line of investigation," he said.
Shinde said efforts were on to nab the perpetrators.
The three sisters, aged between 11 and six, went missing Feb 14, Valentine's Day, after attending school. Two days later, their brutalised bodies were found in a well.