Delhi: 10-yr-old girl sexually assaulted inside bus | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 24, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Delhi: 10-yr-old girl sexually assaulted inside bus

delhi Updated: Apr 15, 2013 13:49 IST
HT Correspondent

In two cases of crimes against woman, a 10-year-old girl was sexually assaulted while another minor girl and a nurse were molested in a hospital.

The first incident was reported from outer Delhi’s Sultanpuri on Saturday night, where a 10-year-old girl was sexually assaulted inside a parked chartered bus by its driver, police said.

The incident took place on Saturday night and the accused chartered bus driver, identified as Rakesh Kausal, 47, has been arrested.

Kausal lives with his family at JJ Colony in Sultanpuri in the victim’s neighbourhood.

A police officer said the accused lured the victim to his bus parked outside his house on the pretext of giving her sweets and sexually assaulted her inside it.

The accused thereafter threatened her of dire consequences and asked her to leave the bus.

The victim went home but remained quiet throughout the night.

On Sunday morning, the girl’s mother sensed something was wrong with her daughter and asked her the reason.

The victim narrated to her the entire incident and she informed her husband about it.

The parents approached the Sultanpuri police station and lodged a complaint against Kausal.

The victim was sent to Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital, where her medical examination confirmed sexual assault.

On the basis of the victim’s medical report and her statement, a case of sexual assault was registered at Sultanpuri police station and Kausal was arrested.

In the second incident, a sweeper of a government hospital in north Delhi was arrested for allegedly molesting a 10-year-old patient and a hospital nurse under the influence of liquor early on Sunday morning. The accused was identified as Rajveer Singh.

Police said Singh had entered ward number four of the hospital, where the girl was undergoing treatment and tried to rape her.

The girl raised an alarm after which Singh fled. After some time, Singh again went to the ward and this time molested a nurse, who was sleeping in a chair.

But this time, the hospital staff overpowered him. He was later handed over to the police.