Delhi: 2-year-old boy falls in boiled milk, dies | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Mar 02, 2017-Thursday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Delhi: 2-year-old boy falls in boiled milk, dies

delhi Updated: Jun 21, 2014 12:41 IST
HT Correspondent
boy falls into boiled milk

A two-year-old boy died after falling into a pot containing boiled milk at his house in northeast Delhi’s Karawal Nagar on Thursday night, police said. The child was playing in the kitchen when he fell into the pot of milk that was kept on the floor by his mother.

The victim, Anshu, lived with his parents — Lata and Suraj — and other family members in Jawahar Nagar locality near Karawal Nagar. Police said the child suffered multiple burns after coming in contact with boiled milk.

A police officer said Anshu’s mother was boiling milk in a big pot while he was playing outside the kitchen. After boiling the milk, Lata removed the pot from the gas stove and put it down on the floor of the kitchen.

“She went to the other room for some work. In the meantime, Anshu went inside the kitchen and accidentally fell into the boiled milk. Hearing Anshu’s cries, Lata and other family members rushed to the kitchen. He was taken out of the pot and rushed to Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital where he succumbed to burn injuries during the treatment,” said a police officer.