The Delhi High Court on Friday stayed any further steps to phase out blueline buses from South Delhi.
It said private buses should be allowed to ply till the government signs an agreement with the bidder for the first cluster comprising of private buses (40%) and DTC buses (60%), which will replace the bluelines.
“In so far as no agreement has been signed, the action contemplated is premature for the time being,”, ruled Justice S Muralidhar.
But sources in the government said the agreement will be signed within three to four days. He said already 112 of the 217 buses plying in the area had been removed.
The court had earlier asked the government to explain why no-show cause notice was issued on buses with valid permits before taking action.
The government planned to phase out Blueline buses from the city by March 2010.
The bus operators had approached the court asking for more time against the government’s notice.