Delhi: Serial rapist-killer attacked in court premises

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
  • Updated: Jul 24, 2015 08:22 IST
23-year old serial killer Ravinder Kumar's father and mother at their residence in Sukhvir Nagar, New Delhi. (Virendra Singh Gosain/HT Photo)

Ravinder Kumar, who has been accused of raping and murdering over 27 children in and around the Capital, was attacked by several people when he was produced before a Delhi court on Thursday.

The 23-year-old had been brought before the court of additional sessions judge Vinod Yadav in order to be formally remanded to judicial custody. The court sent him to Tihar for 14 days.

During his brief hearing, Kumar told the judge that he feared for his life, to which the judge replied that the accused should inform the jail superintendent of any threats to him.

Thereafter, outside the courtroom, a group of persons who were dressed like lawyers assaulted him.

Kumar, who hails from Kasganj in Uttar Pradesh but lives in Delhi, has allegedly agreed to raping and murdering more than 30 children in and around the city.

He told cops he used to lure children with sweet treats.

The police had earlier said Kumar targeted young girls in Delhi, NCR and western UP and that he used to lure young girls with chocolates and money.

Though he was initially arrested in connection with the rape and murder of a six-year-old girl in outer Delhi’s Begumpur area, Kumar confessed that he had been killing since he was 17.

According to the police, Kumar had also earlier been arrested in connection with a case of sexual assault of a minor in 2014. His first victim, as confessed to the cops, was a labourer’s girl child from a Delhi-Metro construction site.

A senior investigating officer told HT that the suspected serial rapist-killer shows no remorse admitting his crimes and blames locally brewed hooch and his addiction of correction fluids, whiteners and glue for the murders.

Also read: Cops shocked as Delhi serial rapist reveals he killed 38 kids

also read

Chicken safe to eat, says Delhi govt as it ups precautions amid bird flu scare
Show comments