Demand draft stumps CATE applicants | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 08, 2016-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Demand draft stumps CATE applicants

delhi Updated: May 21, 2010 00:19 IST
Highlight Story

The sale of Combined Aptitude Test for English (CATE) forms for admission in English (Honours) course in 17 Delhi University colleges kicked off on Thursday. Day One saw a moderate crowd and over 400 forms were sold across all the colleges.

Akanksha Jain, a DU aspirant, who purchased the form from Kamla Nehru College, said, "The form is very simple and easy to fill. I had collected a lot of information about the procedure beforehand."

A few students though complained about the lack of information about the application procedure.

"We did not know about the requirement for a demand draft from the State Bank of India to purchase the form and had to go to South Extension to get one," said Rea Mukherjee.

"I couldn't find any mention of the requirement of a demand draft on the DU website. I will have to come back with one later," Ishita, who goes by her first name only.

The test will have two parts, objective and subjective.

The entrance test will account for 70 per cent while the remaining 30 per cent will account for Class XII board marks.