Fake doctor held for molesting assistant, running fraud NGO | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 18, 2017-Wednesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Fake doctor held for molesting assistant, running fraud NGO

delhi Updated: Mar 19, 2013 02:13 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

A 39-year-old physiotherapist posed as a senior doctor at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), ran a fake NGO, cheated several people, and even molested his personal assistant.

He was arrested by the Lajpat Nagar police in the molestation case from Ghaziabad’s Dasna jail, where he was lodged with 10 others for creating ruckus in a public place.

RK Gupta, the fake doctor, has a diploma in physiotherapy from AIIMS. The police stumbled upon his NGO and his rackets after his personal assistant — whom he had taken to Jaipur on an official trip and molested — filed a case against him.

When the case was registered, Gupta was absconding. So the police got hold of his visiting cards and rubber stamp, which said he was an MBBS, MS (ortho) at AIIMS. He has reportedly cheated several people, including foreigners, by promising to provide them treatment in AIIMS and other top Delhi hospitals.

Gupta had launched a fake NGO named Holistic Healthcare Private Limited and cheated several people by making them invest in his bogus R2,200 crore project of purchasing land in Jaipur to set up a mega healthcare centre.

“During his interrogation, he revealed that he had cheated 20 innocent farmers in Jaipur by giving them cheques worth R19 crore for their land. However, the cheques bounced,” said Additional DCP (southeast) Gaurav Sharma, who was among the police team that arrested Gupta. The team included SHO Ramesh Kakkad and ACP Harcharan Verma.

After he returned from the UAE, the duped investors found that he was hiding in Agra. They visited him there in the hope of getting a settlement. But Gupta provoked them, which turned into a brawl and landed all of them in Dasna jail as he wanted to avoid coming to Delhi for the fear of being arrested.

Gupta was produced before a city court on Monday, which remanded him in one-day police custody.