Falak case: One fit of rage injured baby, says teen | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 21, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Falak case: One fit of rage injured baby, says teen

delhi Updated: Feb 04, 2012 10:09 IST
Rhythma Kaul
Rhythma Kaul
Hindustan Times
One fit of rage that injured baby


The injuries that have pushed the two-year-old baby girl at the AIIMS trauma centre into a seesaw battle for life were inflicted in a one-off fit of rage, the teenager who brought the child to the hospital has claimed.

Counsellors working with the 14-year-old girl at a child shelter, where she is staying, on Friday submitted a report to the child welfare committee about the care she was providing to the baby.

The girl said she beat up the baby for the first time in two months on January 17. Around 10pm, the baby started crying and just wouldn’t stop. Out of anger, the girl slapped the baby three-four times and bit her.

The report said the baby fell asleep after being fed, but woke up half an hour later and needed a nappy change. Taken to the bathroom, the baby slipped off the girl's hands when she was trying to switch on the geyser.

“The baby fell on her face, hit her head and bled profusely,” the report said.

The teenager shifted the baby to the bed and went out to get first aid. She bandaged the baby’s head but the wound opened up further, the report said.

When the baby fell asleep, the girl spoke on the phone to Dilshad alias Rajkumar, the key accused in the case who brought the child to her. The baby was not taken to hospital as Rajkumar advised her not to venture out late in the night.

The report said the girl tried to feed water to the baby the next morning but she wouldn’t wake up. On the advice of a woman working in the guesthouse, where she was staying, the teenager landed up with the baby at the AIIMS trauma centre on the afternoon of January 18, claiming to be her mother.

Baby shows signs of improvement


Now, whiff of a second baby - a boy