A minor fire in the storeroom of a personal care product showroom in Ambience Mall in Gurgaon on Wednesday resulted in evacuation of the visitors for about half an hour.
A short circuit in the power cables was stated to be the reason behind the fire that resulted in smoke at the storeroom of Osim India in the second floor.
Being a Wednesday, the mall did not have many visitors compared to weekends and there was no panic situation.
According to the chief fire officer HS Sihag, “The fire broke out at about 5.00 pm. Eight fire tenders were rushed to the spot but not a single one was used as the fire was not major. The water hydrants installed in the showroom started functioning as the smoke spread.”
Raj Singh Gehlot, chairman and managing director, Ambience Group of Companies said that the visitors were asked to vacate the mall for some time.
“I have ordered enquiry into the cause of the incident though the showroom authorities said that it was due to short circuit. There was no panic amongst the visitors,” Gehlot said.