A major fire broke out in the wee hours in a building in CGO complex housing the Department of Information and Broadcasting.
The blaze broke out in the second floor of the office of Electronic Niketan at 3:45 am and 23 fire tenders were rushed to the area, fire brigade officials said.
It took the fire tenders nearly four hours to put out the blaze. The fire was apparently caused by a short circuit.
No one was injured in the fire.
A Committee has been constituted under the Chairmanship of Additional Secretary to enquire into the cause of fire, the extent of damage and the restoration plan.
The Department of IT will also consult CPWD to assess structural damages and take necessary steps.