Thirteen people were rescued from the fourth floor of a building in the Capital after the building caught fire on Thursday morning.
The fire started from the fourth floor of Thapar House on Janpath around 11:20 a.m. The reasons for the fire were not known but the police said a short circuit in the air-conditioning system could have triggered the fire.
The fire services immediately sent six fire tenders to the spot and they took around 25 minutes to douse the fire.
5 hurt in dwarka fire
In another case, a flat in Southwest Delhi caught fire on Thursday. Five people received minor burns. The police said the victims were members of the same family.
The fire reportedly started on the eighth floor of a building complex in Dwarka Sector-5. According to fire officials, the fire was caused by a short circuit. The police said the neighbours called the PCR around 8:30 p.m. The injured were taken to Ayushman Hospital from where they were discharged.