Four members of a family, including two children, suffered injuries early this morning when the compressor of their refrigerator exploded in their house in the city.
The incident was reported from Shahdara and the injured were identified as Ramesh, his wife Raina and their two children aged three-and-half and one-and-half-years.
It was Raina who saw smoke coming out from the fridge and when she opened its door, it exploded, fire brigade officials said.
They were rushed to nearby Shanti hospital where doctors said they were in a stable condition.
A malfunctioning in the fridge's compressor is said to be the cause of the explosion.