Four young labourers, working with a banquet hall in southwest Delhi, on Saturday died under mysterious circumstances, even as police ruled out any foul play.
At around 10.30 am, Raju Prasad, manager of the De Mark banquet hall in Rangpuri area of Vasant Kunj, found Vinod, Prem, Anna and Vijay, all in their early 20s, in an unconscious state in their dormitory with froth coming out of their mouths.
Prasad rushed them to a nearby hospital, where they were declared brought dead. Hospital authorities later informed police.
According to police, the deceased used to stay inside the banquet hall and during a marriage party late on Friday they had eaten something after which they all had complained of vomiting and headache. They, however, went to sleep after finishing their work.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Southwest Delhi) Shalini Singh said prima facie it seemed that they might have died due to food poisoning, but exact reason could only be ascertained after the post-mortem report.
"Their bodies did not bear any strangulation or assault marks," Singh told IANS.
While police were carrying out further investigation, no case has been registered yet.