GB Road stabbing: Key eyewitness goes missing | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 21, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

GB Road stabbing: Key eyewitness goes missing

delhi Updated: Sep 12, 2012 00:58 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
GB Road stabbing

Irshad, who had approached the police party patrolling GB Road for help, has mysteriously gone missing from the Lok Nayak hospital.

He had been taken to the hospital for treatment as the four men, who had stabbed the three policemen, had earlier beaten him up. Irshad had gone to the same brothel on GB Road as the four men.

One of the policemen, who had been stabbed, later succumbed to his injuries. All four are in police custody and do not have a criminal record.

Narrating the sequence of events, a senior police officer said that the four had arrived at New Delhi Railway Station in an auto and had beer.

From there they went to brothel number 57 on GB Road, where Irshad was already present. The group had a dispute with Irshad about who will go into the brothel first, which turned into a brawl.

Although they were thrown out of the brothel, they continued to fight.

"The four badly beat up Irshad, which forced him to approach our men, who were patrolling the area. When the police personnel came towards them, they attempted to flee the spot and stabbed them," a senior police officer said.

The three policemen and Irshad were taken to the Lok Nayak hospital, where the doctors declared Constable Bijender Singh brought dead.

Police said Irshad's family members had come to visit him in the hospital in morning, but they also could not be traced.

"Irshad is a crucial eyewitness as the scuffle with him and the men triggered the whole incident. We suspect he also has criminal cases against him and fled to avoid arrest," the police officer added.

Suraj, 22, a driver from Madangir, Ashish Bhuguna, 19, a ticketing agent from Pushp Vihar, Manoj, 21, an almond factory worker from Karawal Nagar, and a juvenile were apprehended from the spot.

Meanwhile, Singh's family members are in a state of shock.

"We were planning his marriage. He had returned from his village in Sonepat on Monday morning," Dharmveer Singh, victim's father, said.

"He was fond of bodybuilding and was going to participate in some event next week and had asked me to bring a camera for him. Doctors said a stab injury near the heart proved fatal and he died due to excessive bleeding," he added.