Grilling guards, domestic help yields no result | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 21, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Grilling guards, domestic help yields no result

delhi Updated: Dec 04, 2010 00:03 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times

Even 48 hours after the murder of 43-year-old Nargis Juneja at her DLF City home, the Gurgaon police are yet to make any concrete headway in the case.

Persistent interrogation of the domestic help and security guards, including the one hired by the family, has not yielded any results.

The complexity of the case forced Gurgaon police commissioner SS Deswal to visit the house on Friday where he spoke to the three domestic helps when the family was away for the cremation of Juneja, who was the director of Kidzee Playschool in DLF City.

"It is surprising that no one from the family, the help or the guard noticed two men entering the house. I do not buy the story that the men gained entry from the rear of the house that has very high boundary walls with iron fencing on it. It looks like a planned and relatively known entry by the assailants who will be identified soon," said Deswal.

He said that the investigation officers were still talking to the family members. "This is actually not the ideal time to seek information from family members. We would start talking to them Saturday onwards," Deswal said.

Though the body was handed over after postmortem on Thursday, the family waited for relatives and the son of the deceased to arrive from the US where he is studying.

Dr Deepak Mathur, the forensic science expert who conducted the autopsy of Juneja, said it looked like the handiwork of professional killers and they had slit the throat of the woman with a big knife-like sharp object in a single stab. The knife barely missed the neck bone or the head could have been separated from the body.

Dr Mathur added that the deceased had tried to resist the assailants as there was a cut wound on the left hand. The body also bore some marks which were signs of struggle as she was dragged on the floor.