- Left-wing extremists continue to indulge in senseless violence.
- The aam aadmi was and is at the core of government's promise of faster and more inclusive growth.
- Economic growth which had slowed to 6.7 per cent in 2008-09 is likely to improve to around 7.5 per cent in
- Higher prices of food items were inevitable.
- Government is committed to bringing forth a legislation to ensure food security.
- Government will aim at a growth rate above 8 per cent in 2010-11 and seek to achieve 9 per cent growth in 2011-12.
- Infiltration of terrorists from across the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir has gone up.
- It is imperative that as the economy grows apace, the disadvantaged sections of society be made part of the Indian
- Government to bring in a proposal to amend the Waqf Act during current session of Parliament.
- Government for early passage of the Communal Violence (Prevention, Control and Rehabilitation of Victims) Bill,
2005, in current session.
- The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 has been notified to be effective from April 1.
- National Council for Higher Education and Research will soon be established as an overarching body to regulate higher education and research in India.
- Government has decided to list profitable companies on the stock exchanges through a public offer of at least 10 per
cent of the equity.
- New scheme of rural LPG distribution namely, 'Rajiv Gandhi Gramin LPG Vitarak Yojana' has been launched.
- National Mission for the Delivery of Justice and Legal Reforms to be set up.
- An indigenous Influenza A H1N1 vaccine is being developed which will be available this year.
- Renegotiation of the Tax Treaty with Switzerland is in process.
- Digitalisation of both All India Radio and Doordarshan is on the anvil.
- Every effort will be made to ensure a befitting and successful conduct of the Commonwealth Games.
- India is ready to explore a meaningful relationship with Pakistan if it seriously addresses the threat of
terrorism and takes effective steps to prevent terrorist activities against India.
- Government will work towards giving Indian citizens living abroad the opportunity to vote by the time of the next
regular general elections.
- New agreements for cooperation in the field of civil nuclear energy under consideration.