Hotel’s guard a crucial witness, say Delhi cops | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Mar 30, 2017-Thursday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Hotel’s guard a crucial witness, say Delhi cops

delhi Updated: May 19, 2012 00:33 IST
HT Correspondent

For the Delhi Police, a guard at the ITC Maurya hotel is a crucial witness as he had accompanied Luke Pomersbach, a Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) player, to the room of a US national, who has accused him of molesting her.

Pomersbach was arrested for molesting the woman and assaulting her Mumbai-based fiancé.

“The guard was posted at the 16th floor of the hotel and had met Pomersbach in the elevator. When Pomersbach told him that he had to go to the 16th floor, the guard — Vikas Yadav —accompanied him. He saw Pomersbach knocking at the door of the woman and hurling abuses at her,” a senior police officer said.

The police have recorded Yadav’s statement and have also asked the hotel authority to provide the CCTV footage of the lobby. The police said that Pomersbach had molested the woman and beaten up her fiancé Sahil Peerzada inside their room. He returned half-an-hour later and it was then that Yadav noticed him.

Sources said that Peerzada knew the owner of an IPL team and they had booked the hotel for him. “We have also asked the hotel to provide the booking details. Peerzada is not fit for statement yet,” the officer added.

Pomersbach was produced before a city court on Friday that given him an interim bail till Saturday.

The court, while granting bail, directed the Delhi Police to secure the CCTV footage from the hotel along with the medical report of Peerzada.

While narrating the incident to the court, the woman said, “He (Peerzada) just tried to save me and that’s how he got hurt.” She also told the court that she has been threatened to withdraw her complaint. The police said that the victim has informed them about the threat and they are verifying the details.

Drama ensued during the proceedings before the court, as Pomersbach fainted and had to be taken out of the packed courtroom. The police gave him water after which he recovered.

“Peerzada only told him ‘please leave the room’ and he (Pomersbach) turned and started assaulting him. He punched him several times on his face,” she alleged.