Human rights body says NIA chargesheet lacks evidence | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 23, 2017-Monday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Human rights body says NIA chargesheet lacks evidence

delhi Updated: Jun 06, 2013 23:57 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

A human rights body alleged that despite lack of evidence, the National Investigation Agency charged four Hindus (termed as Bhatiyas) in the Malegaon blasts of September 8, 2006.

The organisation 'Human Rights Bhartiya Security Council' alleged that there are now two different versions of the probe.

One version was brought out by the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad and supported by the CBI and second version by the NIA.

The rights body alleged that the government was interfering in the due process of law since in view of the two contradictory versions, the courts will have to keep all the accused in jail or release them on bail. The ATS and CBI had charged nine Muslims in the case.

The rights body brought family members of the accused charged by the NIA in the Malegaon blasts.

Sadhna, wife of accused Lokesh Sharma alleged that the NIA was forcing her husband to become an approver in the case. Another accused said she had been denied bail.

<