The email that terror outfit Indian Mujahideen (IM) sent to the media on Thursday is unlike any of its previous cyber communications sent to own any attack, said counter-terrorism intelligence sources.
IM's latest email claiming responsibility for the blast outside the Delhi high court is in conversational Hindi but in English alphabets, unlike its earlier emails that were composed in English and had displayed impressive language skills.
In another first, indicating the depletion of its resources specialising in communication for propaganda and recruitment purposes, the author of the email has mis-spelt the outfit's name as ‘Indian Muzahiddeen’, said a blast investigator.
The typical IM logo, depicting two masked men with AK-47 automatics, is also missing.
Unlike in the past, the latest email does not use the portable document format (PDF), nor was its content lengthy. The latest email is curt, unlike the previous communications's rhetorical style peppered with verses from religious scriptures and instances of perceived mis-treatment of Muslims in India.
The mail also does not bear the signatures of its alleged chief controllers Riyaz Bhatkal and Iqbal Bhatkal, who use the
aliases of 'Guru Al Hindi' and 'Al Arbi'.
The IM had earlier sent its emails to claim responsibility for several of its attacks including the May 2008 Jaipur blasts and the July 2008 Ahmedabad blasts.
This IM e-mail, meanwhile, has strengthened the suspicion of the blast's investigators that it, and/or the Pakistan-based Lashkar-E-Tayyeba (LeT), provided logistical help to the Harkar-ul-Jihad-Islami.
An email sent to the media purportedly by HuJI, hours after the blast, claimed it executed the attack.
A counter-terror official pointed out that the three groups are part of the 'Karachi Project'— it seeks to use Indian operatives who are hiding in Pakistan to carry out terror attacks in India — of Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI).