The Opposition Congress in MCD on Thursday accused the ruling BJP of not implementing properly the proposals unveiled in earlier budgets and playing a "fraud" by promising to hike fund for development work by councillors.
A number of councillors from both the parties joined the debate on the MCD's budget for 2011-12 at a special meeting of the corporation.
Congress member Rakesh Rajora said the BJP was playing a "fraud" by promising to sanction R1.5 crore for development work in each ward this fiscal. Congress has been saying that releasing the fund in remaining two months of this financial year is not possible while BJP insists the money will be available over the next few months if it is "booked" now.
Rajora also demanded release of stalled payment for contractors as well as pension for the widows, elderly and physically challenged which had been halted for the last few months.
Congress councillor Anita Babbar said the BJP did not properly or fully implement several schemes and proposals unveiled in earlier budget.