India will respond soon to Pakistan’s questions on the dossier sent to Islamabad detailing its involvement in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, Home Minister P Chidambaram said on Wednesday.
Speaking to reporters outside Parliament, he said: “India will respond after the chargesheet is filed.”
Chidambaram’s deputy Shakeel Ahmed said recent footage of four terrorists at the Taj Hotel on the night of November 26 should provide more evidence to Pakistan and take the probe forward. “So far they have acknowledged the nationality of only Ajmal Amir Kasab, not that of his associates who were killed. The footage should help Pakistan identify them,” Ahmed said.
Earlier, Chidambaram told Rajya Sabha the government would try to emulate some of the anti-terrorism strategies adopted by the US after 9/11. “We had sent a team to the US to study their strategies. It has come back and we are trying to replicate the strategies that suit our requirements.”
The government is better prepared to deal with terror strikes than it was before 26/11, Chidambaram said, adding: “Our response will be swift and deterring.” He also said he was personally monitoring investigations into the Jaipur, Ahmed-abad, Delhi and Assam blasts.
A day after a parliamentary panel recommended the setting up of a federal intelligence agency, Chidambaram assured the House of greater synergy between intelligence agencies after the multi-agency centre becomes operational in March.