Lookout notice against Neetu Solanki's 'killer' | delhi | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 08, 2016-Thursday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Lookout notice against Neetu Solanki's 'killer'

delhi Updated: Mar 04, 2011 00:08 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

The Crime Branch of Delhi Police has issued a lookout notice against Raju Gehlot, the main accused in the Neetu Solanki murder case. The 29-year-old woman's body was found inside a carrybag abandoned at the New Delhi Railway Station last month.

The police had sent a letter to the Foreign Regional Registration Office (FRRO) regarding Gehlot, asking them to issue a lookout notice to stop him from fleeing the country.

The police have also sent his photograph to various police stations across the country. "A lookout notice has been issued against Gehlot and efforts are on to nab him," said Ashok Chand, deputy commissioner of police (crime).

The police have also increased vigil at railway stations and bus stands and sought the help of other states to nab the accused. Teams have already been dispatched to different states in an effort to nail him.

According to police, Gehlot was allegedly running a cheating racket and was living under fake names in the Capital.

The police have also arrested one Naveen Shokeen (25), who allegedly harboured the accused and helped him financially. Shokeen told the police that Gehlot had called him on the morning of February 11 and asked for a vehicle. "He said Gehlot told him that he had killed Solanki and wanted a vehicle to dispose of the body," Chand said.

He claimed that Gehlot murdered Solanki using a sharp-edged weapon. There were three fist blows and two cut marks on her body, police said.

"However, Shokeen did not provide him any vehicle. So, Gehlot tried a radio taxi service but failed to hire a cab. He later arranged another vehicle and carried the body to the railway station and dumped it there," Chand said.

Gehlot visited Shokeen on February 13 and left the next day. He came again six days later and stayed for five days after which he left.