* Journalism offers a lot of scope for creativity and exposure to different people in different fields of activity.
* There is little monotony in the job, because news is different every day.
* The glamour of being the first to know, or being the dispensers of information, is unmatched.
* There’s a lot of hard work and long hours involved.
* Emergency situations may require you to sometimes be at office past midnight, or even all night.
* Stress levels are high, because you have to work with one eye on the clock.
* You can’t survive if you don’t love news.